- STRUCTURE OF BET
- REGISTRATION AND TEST PROCEDURE
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- IMPORTANT DATES
- CONTACT US
First and foremost, we would like to congratulate you on your acceptance into Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, UTM. As stated in your offer letter, you are required to take and pass Bridging (Faculty Foundation) Programme, a programme managed by UTM-IDP department of SPACE, a school in UTM. Bridging Programme may take up to 1-2 semesters, depending on your performance. You are required to pass this Programme prior to your registration into your respective faculties.
However, students shall be exempt from Bridging Programme IF they passed a series of tests called Bridging Exemption Test (BET). This test is not compulsory, as students may decide not to take the Bridging Exemption Test and therefore continue with the Bridging Programme for that semester.
The exam mode of the test is Face to Face Examination. There will be only ONE session available for the exam. Candidate is not allowed to bring any notes or refer to any websites, apps, software or any individual during the test. All unauthorized materials including bags, books, notes, paper, pictures, purses, mobile phones, smart watches or other unauthorized electronic devices should be placed at the front/back of the examination hall and not be taken to your desks. Any suspicious activities during the test will be deemed as cheating and ZERO marks will be given on that test course.
STRUCTURE OF BET
- Bridging Exemption Test (BET) is a module test, constructed based on the content lectures of Bridging Programme. Students are required to sit for the test module according to the Bachelor of Degree programme that UTM has offered.
Table 1 shows the test courses for each module.
ENGINEERING & SCIENCE
Management & Human Resources
Architecture, Real Estate, Surveying
- If the candidates fail, they need to continue with Bridging Programme for that semester. If the candidates pass, they will be allowed to skip the Bridging Programme and register their degree programme at their respective faculty. The passing mark is 65 out of 100, for each paper. This means that students must achieve a minimum score of 65% for all papers they take according to the Module.
- For more information on the format of the questions, and selected topics, please click on the Course Information below for every course. The sample of the test paper are also available, but the solutions are not provided. It is recommended that students try the sample questions before deciding whether to register or not.
- Course Information and Sample Test papers.
Please follow the steps below.
Step 1: Registration
- Registration will be opened starting from 25 September 2023 – 5th October 2023.
- Guideline for BET Registration
- The registration fee is RM 500.
Account Name: UTMSPACE
Bank Name: CIMB ISLAMIC BANK BERHAD
CIMB UTM SKUDAI Account No: 8601518228
Swift Code : CIBBMYKL
Reference : BET
- Once the payment is made, click on this Registration Form to fill the form.
- We will contact candidates via email used on registration for updates.
Step 2: Take the test
During the Test, please ensure you have your Matric card and original Passport/ID document with you throughout your test day for verification purposes. You are only allowed to bring together your stationery, and calculator.
The time stated in the exam scheduled below are according to Malaysia time.
|Physics||10:00AM-12:00PM||Bilik Kuliah 1, V02, UTMSPACE|
|Introduction to Business||10:00AM-11:30AM|
|Fundamentals of Programming||10:00AM-12:00PM|
*Subject to change
Students can view results in https://bridging.utmspace.edu.my/ . Candidates who pass, will be informed to register for their degree programme in the faculty. Candidates who fail are required to register the Bridging Programme
How to prepare for the test?
You can try the sample test provided in this website.
- Candidates understand and accept that the personal data submitted in BET registration is for the purpose of the test.
- It is candidate’s own responsibility to identify and have a suitable test environment and working equipment for the test, before register and during the test.
- Details provided in the registration web-form will be used to determine which Test Module you should take. Please ensure that you enter the correct details.
- Registration without payment and proof required will not be processed.
- Department of UTM IDP reserves the right to withhold your results and forfeit your registration fees if suspicious actions and/or behaviours are detected during test.
- Please note that no refund or rescheduling of your test if you have failed the Test processes without valid reasons. Such cases are:
- Candidate takes just one or two Test of the course and later decides not to continue with the remaining Test.
ii. Candidate changes his mind not to take the Test.
iii. Candidate fails to attend the Test without any valid reasons (health issue, death or emergency in the family).
iv. Candidate is caught cheating during the exam.
- In the event candidate is unable to complete the Test due to emergency situations before and/or during the test, candidate must contact UTM IDP as soon as possible and provide the necessary details. A test day transfer to a later date will be considered if the reasons are deemed genuine and if it is still possible. If not, we will cancel your registration and refund your fees.
- Candidates understand and will give consent that BET to be recorded for remote invigilation and post-test review purposes.
- UTM IDP takes all reasonable steps to provide continuity of service. Therefore, please understand that we cannot be held responsible for any interruptions caused by circumstances beyond our control. If examinations are disrupted, cancelled or delayed, every effort will be made to resume as soon as possible. Our liability will be limited to the refund of the registration fee or re-testing at a later date.
- UTM IDP reserves the right to change, postpone or bring forward any test session in the event that the test session face any issues from our part.
- During the test, the definition of cheating/plagiat in final exam rules are applied. Please download and read the Exam Rules.
- Candidates need to pass all the courses with a passing mark of 65 for each of the courses. Candidates are not allowed to re-do the Test Module. Those who fail will have to continue with Bridging Programme.
- Candidates who have not yet completed any English tests ( ELS CIEP and etc) are not allowed to register BET
|BET Registration||25th September 2023 to 5th October 2023|
|BET Briefing||8th October 2023
|BET Examination||9th to 11th October 2023|
|BET Result Announcement||15th October 2023|
Any questions and inquiries, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at 07-5318061.
Thank You and Good Luck
Department of UTM-IDP,
School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPACE),
Level 4, Block T05,
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia,
81310 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia.