- STRUCTURE OF BET
- REGISTRATION AND TEST PROCEDURE
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- IMPORTANT DATES
- CONTACT US
First and foremost, we would like to congratulate you on your acceptance into Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, UTM. As stated in your offer letter, you are required to take and pass Bridging (Faculty Foundation) Programme, a programme managed by UTM-IDP department of SPACE, a school in UTM. Bridging Programme may take up to 1-2 semesters, depending on your performance. You are required to pass this Programme prior to your registration into your respective faculties.
However, students shall be exempt from Bridging Programme IF they passed a series of tests called Bridging Exemption Test (BET). This test is not compulsory, as students may decide not to take the Bridging Exemption Test and therefore continue with the Bridging Programme for that semester.
Important Announcement (28th February 2022)
Due to Covid-19, Bridging Exemption Test for February Intake 2022 (20212022-2) will be held online with strict rules and regulation. The exam mode of the test is Synchronous Online Examination with Manual Invigilation. The test will be done virtually, where the candidate turns on their web camera and microphone while invigilators will live monitoring and recording throughout the test. Please understand that the online BET is NOT an open book test. Candidate is not allowed to refer to any notes, websites, apps, software or any individual during the test. Any suspicious activities during the test will be deemed as cheating and ZERO marks will be given on that test course. The registration and exam has been scheduled as follows:
BET Registration 28 February – 17 March 2022 BET Examination 20 – 22 March 2022
If the exam is to be held online, candidate who intends to register, is strictly required to satisfy the following requirements :
- Good, stable, and unlimited internet connection. Candidate needs to test their internet connection by using any of the following websites:
Candidate is eligible to register if they have more than 2 MBps download speed. Screenshot of internet test speed result must be included when submitting the registration form.
- PC/Laptop is preferred over phone/tablet. If candidate is planning to use phone/tablet, make sure it has no problem to be used for video call of more than 2 hours.
- Web camera
Additionally, candidate must be in a quiet room alone throughout the course of the exam. Platform that will be used are Google Meet and Google Classroom. If you are staying in a country that cannot use the platform mentioned, it will be specially arranged for you to use different platform, provided that all the requirements stated above are satisfied.
Number of candidates passed / Total number of candidates registered
Science and Engineering
2 / 11
1 / 9
8 / 15
STRUCTURE OF BET
- Bridging Exemption Test (BET) is a module test, constructed based on the content lectures of Bridging Programme. Students are required to sit for the test module according to the Bachelor of Degree programme that UTM has offered.
Table 1 shows the test courses for each module.
- For example, if the students are offered Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical/Electrical/Civil/Chemical/Biomedical Engineering, they will sit for Test Module 1. The test includes Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. This is the same if the students are offered Bachelor of Science.
- If the students are offered Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, they may sit for Test Module 2. For this module, students have the option to sit for three courses, either Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry; or Mathematics, Physics and ICT.
- If the students are offered Bachelor of Management in Technology/Marketing, they are eligible to sit for Test Module 3, which requires them to pass Business Mathematics, Introduction to Business, and Economics papers.
- The test is supposed to be conducted face-to-face. However, due to pandemic, the test will now be held online for the current semester.
- If the candidates fail, they need to continue with Bridging Programme for that semester. If the candidates pass, they will be allowed to skip the Bridging Programme and register their degree programme at their respective faculty.The passing mark is 65 out of 100, for each paper. This means that students must achieve a minimum score of 65% for all papers they take according to the Module.
- For more information on the format of the questions, and selected topics, please click on the Course Information below for every course. The sample of the test paper are also available, but the solutions are not provided. It is recommended that students try the sample questions before deciding whether to register or not.
- Course Information and Sample Test papers.
Mathematics [Course Information] [Sample]
Please follow the steps below.
Step 1: Registration
- Test your internet connection speed and take the screenshot of its result.
- The registration fee is RM 500. Students need to pay the amount stated to account below and obtain the receipt of payment.
Account Name: UTMSPACE
Bank Name: CIMB ISLAMIC BANK BERHAD
CIMB UTM SKUDAI Account No: 8601518228
Swift Code : CIBBMYKL
Reference : BET
- Once the payment is made, click on this Registration Form to fill the form. Students need to upload their offer letter, first page of passport ID, screenshot of the internet speed test, and the receipt of payment.
- Registration will be opened starting from 28 February until 17 March 2022.
- We will contact candidates via email used on registration for updates.
Step 2: Take the test
During the Test, please ensure you have your original Passport/ID document with you throughout your test day for verification purposes. Make sure your phone, laptop, are fully charged and your internet connection is working fine. You are only allowed to bring together your laptop, phone, A4 papers, stationery, and calculator.
The time stated in the exam scheduled below are according to Malaysia time.
|20/3/2022||Physics||2.30 pm – 4.30 pm|
|Introduction to Business||2.30 pm – 4.30 pm|
|21/3/2022||Chemistry||2.30 pm – 4.30 pm|
|ICT||2.30 pm – 4.30 pm|
|Business Mathematics||2.30 pm – 4.30 pm|
|22/3/2022||Mathematics||2.30 pm – 4.30 pm|
|Economics||2.30 pm – 4.30 pm|
*Subject to change
We will inform your results in about a week through email and student portal. Candidates who pass, will be informed to register for their degree programme in the faculty. Candidates who fail are required to register the Bridging Programme/Faculty Foundation courses if they have not done so.
How to prepare for the test?
You can try the sample test provided in this website. Additionally, please download and read the BET Online Examination SOP & Guidelines.
- Candidates understand and accept that the personal data submitted in BET registration is for the purpose of the test.
- It is candidate’s own responsibility to identify and have a suitable test environment and working equipment for the test, before register and during the test.
- Details provided in the registration web-form will be used to determine which Test Module you should take. Please ensure that you enter the correct details.
- Registration without payment and proof required will not be processed.
- Department of UTM IDP reserves the right to withhold your results and forfeit your registration fees if suspicious actions and/or behaviours are detected during test.
- Please note that no refund or rescheduling of your test if you have failed the Test processes without valid reasons. Such cases are:
i. Candidate takes just one or two Test of the course and later decides not to continue with the remaining Test.
ii. Candidate changes his mind not to take the Test.
iii. Candidate fails to attend the Test without any valid reasons (health issue, death or emergency in the family).
iv. Candidate is caught cheating during the exam.
- In the event candidate is unable to complete the Test due to emergency situations before and/or during the test, candidate must contact UTM IDP as soon as possible and provide the necessary details. A test day transfer to a later date will be considered if the reasons are deemed genuine and if it is still possible. If not, we will cancel your registration and refund your fees.
- Candidates understand and will give consent that BET to be recorded for remote invigilation and post-test review purposes.
- UTM IDP takes all reasonable steps to provide continuity of service. Therefore, please understand that we cannot be held responsible for any interruptions caused by circumstances beyond our control. If examinations are disrupted, cancelled or delayed, every effort will be made to resume as soon as possible. Our liability will be limited to the refund of the registration fee or re-testing at a later date.
- UTM IDP reserves the right to change, postpone or bring forward any test session in the event that the test session face any issues from our part.
- During the test, the definition of cheating/plagiat in final exam rules are applied. Please download and read the Exam Rules.
- Candidates need to pass all the courses with a passing mark of 65 for each of the courses. Candidates are not allowed to re-do the Test Module. Those who fail will have to continue with Bridging Programme.
- Students who are in IEP / ELS are not allowed to register. For those who are waiting for their English results, they are allowed to register as long as their results are scheduled to be released before Week 2. However, candidates should be aware that they still need to undergo IEP / ELS although successfully passed the BET.
|BET Registration||28 February – 17 March 2022|
|BET Briefing||18 March 2022|
|BET Examination||20 – 22 March 2022|
|BET Result Announcement||26-27 March 2022|
Any questions and inquiries, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 07-5318061.
Thank You and Good Luck
Department of UTM-IDP,
School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPACE),
Level 4, Block T05,
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia,
81310 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia.